Saturday, November 5, 2011

Dachshund Rescue Transport Of Monty
















On Oct 30, the day after that big snowstorm, I helped to transport Monty from Ohio to his new family in MA. Monty was left at a kill shelter (they don't know why since he is the sweetest boy!) and someone contacted the Dachshund Rescue of North America who picked him up and fostered him in Ohio. Another foster mom that lived in Ohio was going to visit her daughter in Poughkeepsie NY so she drove Monty over 8 hours to NY in the middle of the snow storm. They got caught when the roads closed down so had to stay in a hotel overnight. The next morning, we arranged to meet in Poughkeepsie -it's only an hour from my house but with the weather it took me 2 hours! (the driving was scary! Highways were shut down, trees everywhere, but I made it safely!) where I picked up Monty. I then drove him 2 hours to Hartford, CT where I met his new foster mom and dad and handed him over. He is the sweetest little boy! 3 years old, about 13 lbs and so loving. He kept wanting to climb on my lap.


Despite the horrible weather, I am so happy I got to help a doxie get to his new home. I hope to do more in the future!


Attached are pictures - the first one is with Pat, the woman that drove him from OH (they have 8 doxies! 6 of their own and 2 fosters). Pat rehabilitates injured doxies and many can now walk because of her!. The next pictures are of Monty in my car, then me and Monty and the last picture is his new mommy and daddy (the mommy is named Susan, but I forgot her husbands name!)


Dachshund Rescue of North America - http://drna.org/


Blog report and photos provided by lyn from PinotByLyn


Saturday Blog Hop

9 comments:

Art and Sew Forth said...

What an awesome 'tail'! He is so so cute. Such dedication and love on the part of all of you who helped him to his furever home! "And Monty lived happily ever after!"

Lyn said...

It was a great experience. After getting our Lokie from DRNA through an 8 leg transport (and thanks to Shari from Pets Jubilee that was one of the legs!) I wanted to help other doxies get to their homes. If anyone else wants to sign up to get emails when they need transports, I'll let you know how!

One mistake I wrote - I delivered him to Hartford CT to his new FOREVER mom and dad (not foster like i wrote). So he is in his furever home now!

laughingfridge said...

Great story with a yappy ending! Thanks for helping Monty get to his furever home where he'll get lots of love!

HappyDapperDogs said...

I love happy endings! What a wonderful story of compassion & kindness. Glad everyone was safe through the storm. Monty is such a hansome guy, looks like he hit the jackpot and so did they!

Kari in Alaska said...

A great pup got the home he deserved!

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
dogisgodinreverse.com

Prudence said...

God bless you and all of those that help get these pups out of the shelters and to their furever homes. What a happy ending! Best wishes Monty with your new family!

Rumpydog said...

Best of luck to you in your new home Monty!

Scrappy Angel said...

Good work happening there:) So glad he has a forever home!

PS. I hopped here!

Unknown said...

That's such an amazing story, and a long trip for the little guy! I wish everyone cared about their dogs that much. If you need a transport through Missouri, let me know!